Apartment living is crushing my soul.
I feel as though I have lost my connection to life. Time and seasons pass but nothing changes. It’s the same four walls. The difference only whether there is snow or leaves on the trees I can see through the balcony door.
I long for a garden. To smell and feel the earth between my fingers. To watch for signs of life in the spring. To watch the bees too laden with pollen to fly on drowsy summer afternoons.
I long to plant bulbs in the fall. The anticipation of seeing their (Read more…)
This is the 1000th Elfshot blog post and with it, I’m packing my bags in a different way. Groswater PalaeoeskimoHarpoon HeadI started this blog back in 2009. Within the first couple of months I adopted the routine of publishing a new post every M…
- Law Times: @LawTimes (Ontario legal news online publication)
- Obiter Dicta: @obiterdictaoz (Osgoode Hall student newspaper)
- Precedent Magazine: @PrecedentMag (Toronto lifestyle magazine for lawyers)
- Ultra Vires: @UltraVires (Student newspaper for @UTLaw)
- Ontario Bar Association: @OBAToday
- Toronto Lawyers Association: @TLAVoice
- Law Society Upper Canada: @LawsocietyLSUC
- Brenda Hollingsworth: @OttawaLawyers (Ottawa personal injury lawyer)
- Mr. Toronto Lawyer: @selwynpieters (Human rights and civil litigator)
- Chantal Desloges: @Twimmigration (Toronto Immigration Lawyer)
- Omar HaRedeye: @OmarHaRedeye (Toronto Lawyer and legal academic)
- Daniel Brown: @DanielBrownLaw (Toronto Criminal Defense Lawyer)
- Sean Robichaud: @SeanRobichaud (Toronto criminal defense lawyer)
- Anjli Patel: @bluechipfashion (Toronto Fashion Lawyer)
- Melissa Kluger: @MelissaKluger (Lawyer and publisher of Precedent Magazine and Precedent A-List)
- Jeff Gray: @jeffreybgray (Law Reporter, Globe and Mail)
- Lisa Feldstein: @lisaFeldstein (Ontario health Lawyer with focus on family health law)
- Garry J. Wise: @wiselaw (Toronto lawyer- employment and family law)
- Andrew Mercer: @AndrewLMercer (Toronto insurance lawyer and author)
- Kathryn Marshall: @KVMarshall (Lawyer and Columnist – creator of Lawsome.ca)
There are some very good accounts in this listing, so do check them out.
And of course, we invite you to follow @wiselaw on Twitter.
I’m sitting in an intimate theatre with a bunch of teenagers at the opening performance of the play Tagged. As you would expect, the teens are loud as they sing along to the blaring pop music as we wait for […]
Dear Readers: Coming soon to a city near you ………,stupid laws and regulations! Yup, they’re doing it in England and the States, BUT, we got them all beat!! In England, Councils creating ‘bizarre new criminal offences’ &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;img alt=”PA Wire” src=”http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/629342/article_update_img.jpg”A campaign group has criticised a new law which allows councils to ban activities such as […]
Back in the summer last fall I was introduced to a new app called VISR. It’s an app designed to help families keep a respectful eye on their kids’ social media usage. I know what you’re thinking… there are lots […]
I am forever befuddled and bemused by the unique phenomenon of social media outrage – both in its selectivity and the rapidly-evolving cycle of backlash. Let’s start with the backlash. During its relatively brief life spa…
A new study conducted by Virgin Mobile Canada and Vision Critical revealed that 50% of Canadians “humblebrag” on social media. And yes, the term is officially in the Oxford Dictionary. This made me literally laugh out loud… I was in taxi, […]
I admit that over the past couple of weeks I committed to giving myself a bit of a breather after the kids went back to school. It’s not that easy but there were things I wanted to take care of. […]
So, it’s come to this: even the gays are apologizing on social media. Mind you, the apology from the New York City gay bar Boxers has nothing to do with gayness. It’s for a purported hack of Boxers’ Twitter account,…
Facial recognition technology is used to screen people at the Statue of Liberty in New York. The U.S. government pumped millions of dollars into the development of facial recognition technology after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. (Chip East/Reuters) Dear Readers: If anybody is still confused about how much the government is prying into your private […]
I love Instagram; all the visual inspirations from “igers” (short form for Instagrammers) and it’s a simple way to catch up with what some of my friends are doing, it’s perfect. It’s fun and I know that kids are definitely […]
Dear Readers: Once again, ya saw it here first! After a great amount of trouble and expense, the Perspective Naked News staff , a branch of the Perspective Research Department, has managed to obtain this clip of Jian Ghomeshi on a recent date with one of the women now accusing him of assault. As you […]
Look, I get it. Social media is great, especially Facebook who is like the mothership of online communication. It has connected people in unimaginable ways, but sometimes nothing beats some good ol’ face-to-face, person-to-person interaction. As this Oklahoma man might […]
Olivia Chow is running a strong LAST amongst the tree major contenders for the job of Mayor of Toronto today…………, and she’s NOT happy! What has made her even more disgruntled is a political cartoon published by the Toronto Sun over the weekend. They poked fun at poor Olivia in a way that is either […]