Dartmouth man charged in an alleged marriage of convenience
Canadian judges and the citizens of Canada are slowly but surely coming awake to the “cultural enrichment” our Immigration Dept. has bestowed on the nation. This scumbag won’t be able to apply for parole for 17 years. That’s good enough for me.
Alyshah Hasham writing at TorontoStar:
….Man gets life sentence for murdering wife while wearing burka
Abdul Malik Rustam covered his face with the Muslim women’s garment to gain access to Shaher Bano Shahdady’s apartment after she sought a divorce.
A man who disguised himself in a Muslim woman’s garment to strangle his estranged wife was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison with no eligibility for parole for 17 years.
Abdul Malik Rustam, 30, donned a face-covering burka and white wedge heels to get into 21-year-old Shaher Bano Shahdady’s Scarborough apartment in July 2011, two weeks after she’d asked for a divorce.
He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder last month.
Their 2-year-old son was left alone in the apartment for 15 hours before Shahdady’s body was found on the bathroom floor by her parents, Superior Court Justice John McMahon said.
That Rustam did nothing to alert anyone to check on his son is impossible to fathom and shows “exceptionally callous disregard for that child’s wellbeing,” McMahon said.
“It’s hard to imagine what that child went through,” the judge said. “The only glimmer of hope is that he was so young that hopefully it will fade into the child’s memory.”……….
The Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development announced today that the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation Governance Act received Royal Assent in Parliament, setting the stage for Sioux Valley Dakota Nation to build a…
Marvin Robbins and Milton Robbins of Lumsden were charged for exceeding the daily bag limit of cod during the 2013 recreational groundfish fishery. Both men were convicted on February 4, 2014 in the Gander Provincial Court.
Today the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development, accompanied by Chief Robert Louie of the First Nations Land Advisory Board and Chief Austin Bear of the First Nations Land Management Resource Centre Inc…
The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, made the following statement today after Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) announced the apprehensions of Simon Richard Cova and Robert Faci. Each had appeared on th…
March 1 marks the tenth anniversary of Fraud Prevention Month. With its theme, Fraud: Recognize it. Report it. Stop it, this year’s campaign will focus on the importance of recognizing, preventing and reporting fraud. It pays to know that the Financial…
Curt Anderson MIAMI — Justin Bieber walks unsteadily and even appears to stumble while performing a sobriety test shortly after his January arrest on driving under the influence and other charges, according to police video released Wednesday. Only a few […]
The Honourable Peter MacKay, P.C., Q.C., M.P. for Central Nova, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, and the Honourable Steven Blaney, M.P. for Lévis-Bellechasse (Quebec), Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, will discuss criminal justice legislation.
Jason Howell of Old Perlican, Angela Anstey of Summerford, and Ronald Coles of Embree were charged and convicted for offenses under the Fisheries Act during the stewardship cod and commercial crab fisheries.
The Government of Canada introduced Bill C-25, Qalipu Mi’kmaq First Nation Act, in the House of Commons today.
Minister of Justice Peter MacKay, accompanied by Member of Parliament for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Justice Robert Goguen, today visited the YWCA of Moncton, and announced the organization has received fund…
The sentencing hearing for former Canadian Armed Forces medical technician, Petty Officer 2nd Class James Wilks, in relation to sexual assault and breach of trust charges, begins next week. The hearing is open to the media and the public.
By Michael Oliveira TORONTO – A Canadian Internet service provider has been ordered to hand over the names and addresses of about 2,000 customers who are alleged to have downloaded movies online. A Federal Court decision released Thursday compels Ontario-based […]
Income-splitting, along with the government’s zero dollar spending on child care, and detaxation is an attack on women’s equality in Canada. Kathleen Lahey made that argument at the inaugural Women’s Forum in Ottawa, Ontario in 2012. Lahey is a specialist in feminist legal studies, teaching law and sexuality, and taxation and tax policy at Queen’s University.
The Honourable Peter MacKay, P.C., Q.C., M.P. for Central Nova, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, joined by Keith Ashfield, M.P. for Fredericton, and Robert Goguen, M.P. for Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe and Parliamentary Secretary to the …
Today, Justice Minister Peter MacKay and Keith Ashfield, M.P. for Fredericton, announced $256,200 in funding to Partners for Youth to support a project that will implement a career development program specifically for youth in custody.
The Youth Justice Fund was established in 1999 as part of the Youth Justice Renewal Initiative, and provides funding support to projects across Canada. The Youth Justice Fund has a budget of approximately $4.5 million each year.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Quebec Region, has released a list of fishers fined in January 2014, for various offences under the Fisheries Act.
The Government of Canada today launched a public on-line consultation with Canadians to seek their views and input, to help inform the Government’s response to the Supreme Court of Canada decision in Bedford v. Attorney General of Canada. On December 2…
By Alexander Panetta WASHINGTON — A participant in the bruising American battle over voting rights warns that Canada is treading on dangerous ground with its proposed electoral reforms. One of the lawyers who helped strike down the voter ID law […]
The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, today announced the reappointment of Thomas J. Kaye to the Parole Board of Canada.
naming Obama and three others.
Logan Albright writing at FreedomWorks:
….Today, FreedomWorks president Matt Kibbe joined Ken Cuccinelli and Senator Rand Paul in filing an historic class action lawsuit in defense of the Fourth Amendment. The suit’s targets include high ranking officials in the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Defense who have been instrumental in overseeing the agency’s collection of massive amounts of telephone data known as the Mass Associational Tracking Program (MATP).
Speaking at a press conference, Mr. Cuccinelli said that the object of the suit is an injunction to prevent further collection of telephone data, and the removal of existing records from the NSA’s databases.
This suit is an important shot across the bow not just for those of us in the freedom movement, but also for anyone who cares about their privacy and has used a phone since 1996, when the MATP began. The Fourth Amendment guarantees the rights of all Americans to be secure in their persons and property, and not to be subjected to search or seizure without reasonable suspicion of having committed a crime. Starting with the distressing revelations by now-fugitive Edward Snowden last year, we now know that there are those in the government who do not consider these important protections to be worth the paper they are printed on.
For too long Americans have been willing to let their civil liberties slip away in the name of national security. Yet despite repeated requests, the NSA has been unable to supply any evidence that these telephone records have been effective in detecting or preventing terrorist attacks.
While others have attempted to challenge the NSA before, it has taken until now for a large group of citizens to band together to demand a fair hearing in court with legal representation arguing for the rights of the American people. So far, the class action suit claims to represent more than 386,000 people whose information has been collected and retained by the government without an appropriate warrant. The actual number of those affected, of course, is closer to 326 million, the number of cell phone subscriber connections in the United States………..
Vivian Luk CHILLIWACK, B.C. — A British Columbia hang-glider pilot who failed to connect a 28-year-old woman during a tandem flight and caused her to fall 300 metres to her death has been sentenced to five months in jail. William […]
Today 67 Canadian police officers serving on the UN Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) received medals in recognition of their peacekeeping service from UN Police Commissioner Luis Miguel Carrilho. Fifteen others received a service numeral for p…
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Quebec Region, has released a list of fishermen convicted of various offences and fined under the Fisheries Act in the Magdalen Islands in January, 2014.
OTTAWA – Two pieces of proposed federal legislation are stuck in a holding pattern in the Senate, despite having already received the endorsement of the House of Commons. And the two private members’ bills – C-377 and C-290 – may […]
OTTAWA — The federal government will table sweeping changes to the Citizenship Act on Thursday and immigration policy analyst Richard Kurland is confident it won’t include a contentious plan to strip the right to citizenship by birth. While details of […]
OTTAWA — One of Canada’s largest charities has found itself on the defensive after being singled out by a federal Conservative cabinet minister over its opposition to Israeli settlements. The apparent flap between Employment Minister Jason Kenney and international development […]
A commercial fishing boat master found guilty for the third time in the past six years of serious offences against the Fisheries Act, was sentenced on November 26, 2013, to six months in prison (concurrent on multiple counts), a $15,000 fine, and a 10-…
The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, today recognized members of the Toronto Immigration Task Force following the arrest of Wei Can Xie in Markham, Ontario. Xie is inadmissible to Canada for serious crimin…
Political correctness by our overlords has become the most terrible plague of our times.
Andrew C. McCarthy writing at PJMedia:
I was invited to provide commentary Tuesday night on Megyn Kelly’s Fox News program (“The Kelly File”) regarding the all too predictable but nevertheless appalling news that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed — al Qaeda heavyweight, 9/11 mastermind, decapitator of Daniel Pearl, jihadist warring against America for the better part of two decades, and murderer of nearly 3,000 of our fellow citizens — has been permitted to transmit propaganda out of the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay. The interview is posted on Megyn’s site here — I respond to contentions made by the first guest, defense lawyer and former JAG Charles Swift.
Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com
More needs to be said on this. Let’s first consider the insanity of permitting enemy combatants to communicate with the outside world while the war ensues — and though the administration rarely speaks or acts as if there is a war going on, and while the public pays it scant attention, we still have forces in harm’s way pursuant to a congressional authorization of combat operations; we are still killing and capturing enemy operatives pursuant to the laws of war, which is only permissible during wartime…..
…..Obviously, then, an alien enemy combatant accused of war crimes is not entitled to the extensive contact with counsel afforded in the civilian justice system to Americans who are fully vested with Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights. And even less is an alien enemy combatant entitled to other, more general contact with the outside world….
…….After news broke of KSM’s dissemination of an Islamic manifesto and correspondence with a pen-pal in England, the Obama Defense Department responded to criticism by claiming it had an adequate procedure to vet the combatants’ communications prior to allowing their mailing or publication. That is absurd. …..
….In March 2005, NBC News reported that the jihadists convicted of bombing the World Trade Center in 1993, despite being incarcerated in the “super-max” high-security federal prison in Colorado, had been permitted to correspond with a terror cell in Madrid — and one even got a letter to al-Quds, a popular Arabic newspaper, proclaiming, “Osama bin Laden is my hero of this generation.” Nice vetting job, no? Spanish officials found that the letters from the imprisoned American terrorists were used to recruit jihadists in Spain, and that people on the receiving end of the correspondence were complicit in acts of terrorism…….
……Now, it is being gradually dismantled. Gitmo is being emptied by transferring terrorists back to countries where they can return to violent, anti-Western jihad. American combat forces, already suicidally hamstrung by unconscionable rules of engagement, are being withdrawn from Afghanistan even as the Taliban moves back in. Al Qaeda is ascendant in Iraq and across North Africa. …….
Some paras from Part II of the article above:
…I began The Grand Jihad, my 2010 book on the Muslim Brotherhood, with what may, from the Western standpoint, be the most important verse of the Koran, sura 9:29. It commands:
Fight those who believe not
In Allah nor the Last Day,
Nor hold that forbidden
Which hath been forbidden
By Allah and His Messenger,
Nor acknowledge the Religion
Of Truth [i.e., Islam], from among
The People of the Book [i.e., Jews and Christians]
Until they pay the Jizya [which I’ll explain momentarily]
With willing submission,
And feel themselves subdued.
Jihadists are not overly concerned with your conversion to Islam; their obsession is your society’s adoption of sharia. We commonly refer to sharia as “Islamic law” but, to be more accurate, it is Islam’s totalitarian societal framework, aspiring to regulate every aspect of human life — from great public matters of governance and war down to picayune matters of personal hygiene……..
Opportunists of the best sort, they are for sure. Don’t you just love the way they say “thanks” for giving them a safe harbor from their hellholes? All the mistakes they make are fully forgiven, but if the country that takes them in, as either refugees or immigrants, if that country dares to make a mistake … all hell breaks loose because the Muslims can see tonnes of dollars sitting waiting for the picking from the same government that gave them refuge.
Who should be criticized for this sorry state of affairs if not our brain-dead politicians for the influx of such humans-in-name-only (HINOs) to this country?
Ottawa’s Abdullah Almalki is scheduled to get his day in court — in September 2016 — more than a decade after filing suit against the federal government for its alleged complicity in his torture overseas.
Almalki, a Carleton University engineering grad and father of six, spent 22 months in Syrian jails after his arrest in Damascus in May 2002. He was questioned based on faulty Canadian intelligence and tortured.
“The government has been trying to delay this case as much as they can, but we finally have a court date,” Almalki, 43, said in an interview Friday. “That’s something.”
Almalki and his family are suing the government for $100 million in damages……….
………..After the Iacobucci inquiry issued its report in 2008, a Commons committee recommended the government apologize to Almalki and compensate him.
The Conservative government, however, has chosen to ignore that recommendation and contest Almalki’s lawsuit. Government lawyers insist Canadian officials played no role in Almalki’s detention or mistreatment in Syria. They blame the Syrians.
In 2001, Almalki was an Ottawa businessman who came under intense scrutiny by the RCMP, CSIS and FBI in the aftermath of 9/11. He was investigated for at least six years: his home was raided, the contents of his computer analyzed, and his friends and relatives interviewed. He has never been charged with any crime………
Today, on behalf of the Minister of Justice, Peter MacKay, Robert Goguen, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister, announced $100,000 in funding to support a project that will train front-line community workers and criminal justice personnel from acros…
In a somewhat obscure legal ruling, a judge has declared that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission does not have the power to prevent network carriers like AT&T from regulating the content that goes over their wires. Here’s why this could mean the infopocalypse.
Today, Justice Minister Peter MacKay announced $143,500 in funding for Victims of Violence Canadian Centre for Missing Children.
The Federal Victims Strategy was created in 2007 and made permanent in 2011. The objective of the Strategy, which is led by the Department of Justice Canada, is to give victims a more effective voice in the criminal justice system.
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) today announced that 1051080 Ontario Inc. has paid a penalty of $200,000 on behalf of itself and certain subsidiaries operating as Weed Man Ottawa, Weed Man Montreal, Weed Man Hamil…